UX & DESIGN SKILLS
Collaboration, Concept modeling, CSS, Diagramming, Email design, Graphic facilitation, Grid, High fidelity prototyping, HTML, Interviewing, Illustrator, InDesign, InVision, Layout, Personas, Photoshop, Print design, Responsive design, Scenarios, Sitempaps, Sketch, Sketching. Storyboarding. Strategy development, Surveying, Task flows, Usability testing, Wireframes
SENIOR VISUAL DESIGNER Automotive Workwear | 2015 – current
I generate concepts for multiple responsive e-commerce sites using the latest design trends to create a functional and aesthetically pleasing experience for the user, and utilize Google Analytics to make updates to the CSS and HTML. I work with different departments to design solutions that meet business goals and user needs.
My designs, and competencies in UX, have lead to:
- Increased revenue from email campaigns and sitewide promotions
- A consistent experience among all devices
- Managing the site has become easier now that the platform is responsive
VISUAL DESIGNER Freelance | 2013 – current
My role as product designer in my freelance work is one of many hats. I am responsible for all aspects of user experience, design, and development. Through my efforts I have seen all companies continue to grow, and traffic to their websites have consistently been increasing, especially on mobile devices.
- Product Strategy & User Research: I strive to understand each clients business goals and user needs by facilitating user interviews, usability testing, writing surveys, content restructuring, user flow, storyboarding, and creating personas.
- UX Design: I incorporate my design background into the UX process. My knowledge touches every point of the project such as; early designs, business needs, feature definition, information architecture, sketching, copy writing, prototyping and iterating, and high fidelity final designs.
JUNIOR WEB & GRAPHIC DESIGNER Ideaville | 2014 – 2015
I designed several WordPress websites, as well as print material for a major healthcare company. I worked within a team environment to produce designs based on user research and iterative processes.
My work on the Modern Domestic website has lead to:
- Increased sign-ups for classes
- Increased revenue for purchasing sewing machines
- More attendance in store and at events
- Higher brand recognition and retention of repeat customers
BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS IN GRAPHIC DESIGN Oregon State University | 2010 – 2014
I graduated magna cum laude with a Bachelor of Fine Arts in Graphic Design with a minor in new media communications. During my time at OSU, I held several design internships, started the AIGA student group, and served as President of that group for two years. I also graduated with the SDHE Scholar Award for Dean’s list standing, and the SHDE All-Star Award for exemplary leadership and design skills.
Noteworthy achievements in college:
- Co-Founded, and served as President of the AIGA Student Group
- Lead as team leader for several projects
- Presented to the College of Business, and other professional business leaders in the Portland, OR business market
- SDHE All-Star & Scholar Awards (for outstanding academic achievement)
Human-Centered Design: an Introduction
- Coursera: Certification Date Nov 2015